After going on a quest to find the real Banayad Whiskey, it is time to go mixing drinks!
Banayad Whiskey is actually lambanog or distilled coconut sap, 40% alcohol or 80 proof per bottle. It got it’s name from a movie scene which made it infamous. Blended to be the “smoothest” or banayad lambanog. And guarantees no hangover. If you like clear liquor as base for cocktails, try this recipe out!
Recipe by chef Grai Alvar
Yield: 6 8oz glasses
- 750g Pineapple, cut into small cubes
- 500ml Water or 250ml water/coconut water + 250g ice cubes
- Honey* (optional)
- Dill herbs
- 25ml Banayad Whiskey per glass of Pineapple blend
1. Combine pineapple, water/coconutwater/ice, and dill in a blender. Pulse till everything is smoothly incorporated.
2. Add Banayad whiskey in a serving glass and pour in Pineapple smoothie and stir.
*I like mixing the liquor base in the smoothie.