Yoga, Ananda Marga

Yoga: Finding your path of bliss

More than just meditation and exercise, it´s finding your path to bliss as a way of life.

yoga

People of Echague played part as yogis during the International Day of Yoga last June 21st 2017.

Got an invite to witness a celebration of self-realization as yogis celebrate the International Day of Yoga on 21st of June 2017, and enlightenment came in handy.

generosepomelo

I´ve always thought of doing meditation and yoga then I came across this video awhile back. On how to meditate anywhere and anytime.

But as for someone who doesn´t regularly practice deep meditation more so yoga, knew little about it. Apart from it being a workout for most people, it´s actually a lifestyle.

Yoga is an ancient physical, mental and spiritual practice that originated in India. The word ‘yoga’ derives from Sanskrit and means to join or to unite, symbolizing the union of body and consciousness.

acarya of ananda marga

Acarya Jiitendra Brahmacarii, a monk of Ananda Marga.At such a young age, he wanted to learn how to meditate. That grew into the desire to be a monk, as he was inspired by the monks who taught him meditation and the mantra of Ananda Marga.

The yoga instructors were from Ananda Margaa global spiritual and social service organization founded by Shrii Shrii Anandamurti . Their organization will celebrate their 50 years in practice next year.

During our stay in Isabela, the more I knew about Ananda Marga. For about 3 days, I was able to witness their way of life. It´s  unique in the sense that they promote self-realization yet at the same time service to all. Ironic in a way rather for them, it´s complementary to each other. As their ideology promotes,

“the welfare of each and everyone is linked to the welfare of society, and the welfare of society depends on the welfare of each and everyone.”

Jayadeva Sadvipra, yoga instructor.

And since we were with Margis, practitioners of Ananda Marga, we also got a taste of their lifestyle. Margis are strictly vegans. As Margis respect and consider the emotion and well-being of animals due to the Indian origins of the practice. Furthermore, any food that is not good for the mind and maybe harmful for the human body is not patronized.

My almost vegan plate, our meal prepared by an Outstanding Isabelino, Chef Cocoy Ventura.

Veganism is what binds their philosophy, as it would be for better health, religion teachings and lifestyle for a balanced and fulfilling life.  Ananda Marga advocates the holistic way of life and of others. Certainly, these teachings were imparted to the people of Echague, Isabela.

To know more about them:
Ananda Marga
Quezon City Center – Sikatuna Village
46 Maamo St., Sikatuna Village
Quezon City 1101 Metro Manila
02 433 4583

21 thoughts on “Yoga: Finding your path of bliss

1. sierraschomburg says:

I liked how you gave background information about yoga and the culture it rose from. I’ve only ever done yoga for the fitness aspect of it so it is very interesting knowing a little more about its roots.

2. eliza says:

This post is so inspiring. I always wanted to start yoga, it just that, I cannot find nearby center and preferred to do it with trainer. I hope to enroll one day.

3. aniahalama says:

This looks like an amazing inspirational experience. I love yoga summits like this, I went to something similar back home in chicago, felt so inspired, calm and relaxed after ❤

4. Chelsea Elizabeth says:

My boss has recently turned vegan and some of the meals she eats sound delicious but I’m not sure how I’d cope without cheese and meat!

5. Simply Apostolia says:

Yoga is a wonderful experience from what I hear and read. I wish I could try it some time. It’s more than exercise, it’s a whole lifestyle as you said! I bet you enjoyed this wonderful experience!

6. Angela Milnes says:

Yoga is something i would be interested in learning more about. I think it could really help me with mindfulness

7. Catvills says:

It is amazing how some people put in so much discipline to practice yoga. I don’t do yoga but I know of some friends who do.

8. Brittani says:

I really enjoyed reading your article on Yoga. Yoga isn’t a form of exercise I enjoy myself, though I know it can have some really great benefits. I had no idea that the origin of Yoga dated back as far as it did.

9. Ana De-Jesus says:

I am a vegetarian but it is amazing that they are binded together by veganism.I always saw Yoga as a way of life too but I had no idea that there was a day to celebrate it!

10. hal says:

because i train in the gym..i feel as i have got bigger…i started to feel less athletic
    so you are right to practice yoga is a great way of life

11. Violinkit says:

Well first off I had no idea that there was a day to celebrate yoga. International Yoga Day is new to me. I have practised Yoga in the past but never seem to stick with it after the first few months. I think the Yoga way of life is very appealing to anyone seeking a healthier body and a calmer mind.

12. alisonrost says:

I’ve been practicing yoga for a couple of years now, and it’s made a huge difference. Not just in how I move, but I’m far calmer (mentally) than I’ve been in the past. I’m so glad there’s a day devoted to celebrating it! Hopefully it will raise awareness and more people will be curious enough to give it a try. x

13. Kevin says:

I had no idea that the origin of Yoga dated back as far as it did.